Carley Jones, the founder of Kettlebell Kitchen announced she is no longer part of the brand. The company focussed on healthy fast food and despite only trading for two years went into Liquidation after several its outlets became unprofitable.
The company entered liquidation after being in financial difficulty for more than six months and faiing to pay staff members and creditors.
The First Street and Salford Precinct sites both closed. The Ancoats store, MediaCityUK head office and a Newcastle site all remain open for business.
I want to ‘lightly’ (for now) announce that I am sadly no longer part of my own brand – Kettlebell Kitchen in which I founded 3 years ago plus the brand/company we bought in May 2018 – Soulmatefood. If you know me, you know how hard I have worked to build Kettlebell Kitchen with true passion, grit and determination. 5 sites and 450+ prep customers.Carley Jones
Ms Jones says she will be returning to business with a new brand in coming months.
When Kettlebell went into liquidation, up to 30 members of staff were understood to have forgone a months wages.
A spokesperson for Kettlebell Kitchen confirmed Carley Jones was no longer part of the business.
The spokesman said the company was purchased from liquidators on February 14.
“We can confirm that Kettlebell Kitchen Ltd and Kettlebell Kitchen Services Ltd were put into liquidation by director Carley Jones on February 6 2019.
“Companies House shows an estimated deficiency owed to creditors of £1,126,676.43 for Kettlebell Kitchen Ltd and £399,562.30 for Kettlebell Kitchen Services Ltd along with many members of staff not being paid for a full month’s wage.
“Carley Jones continues to operate Kettlebell Kitchen NE Ltd as a completely separate entity and has been instructed by ourselves to rename her business by 1st May 2019.
“The company was purchased from the liquidators by the new owners on 14th February 2019.
“The new owners are both Manchester born and bred and have a real passion for rescuing what was and is a strong Manchester based brand with a focus on protecting the the future of the Manchester-based employees.
“The new owners have already invested the cash injection required to ensure stability and job security for current employees with further investment of circa £500,000 planned for the growth of the business with a view to employing an additional 50 Manchester based jobs over the coming months.
“The new owners wish to thank and publicly declare their appreciation to the existing team members who have remained during the turbulent last couple of months, all of which were not paid a wage by the previous ownership during the last month of trading.
“Many Manchester based suppliers also suffered as a result of the liquidation carried out by the previous ownership.